Read Pakistan Trust
Read Pakistan is a Trust registered under the Trust Act, with a team of highly professionals motivated for an educated Pakistan moving ahead on creation of reading facilities accessible to all and to train teachers / librarians/ parents to develop a greater emphasis on reading habits in the children/parents coping up with present and future challenges.
The overall goal of Read Pakistan is to ensure that every person gets a reading opportunity and to train the librarians/teachers in developing the reading habits and diffusion of knowledge in Pakistan and promotion of the lifetime reading habit and also to promote quality literacy instruction, advocate life-long reading, clarify educational issues for decision makers, and support research in literacy.
Our Values: Equal opportunities for reading and learning for all.
Vision: We envision a society in which all people have an access to reading and have equal opportunities of learning and personal and professional growth.
Mission: Providing reading facilities to all and Training of Librarians/teachers.
Strategy: Creation of reading facilities accessible to all and to train Librarians/teachers to develop a greater emphasis on reading habits in the children coping up with present and future challenges.
Our Unique Campaigns:
- 100, 000 School Libraries: History’s largest campaign of school libraries in Pakistan.
- City of Libraries: To establish 500 libraries in Islamabad and to make it world’s first city with such an honorable identity.
- Read Talk: world’s first talk series focused and highlighting the value of books.
- Read Blog: The largest database of blogs highlighting the transformative power of reading.
- Read Africa: Providing access to books to African youth.
- CybeRead: World’s largest network of literary youth.
- RadioTalk: More than 50 talks by the Chairman till to date.
- Training programs for teachers, parents, librarians and school Principals to make them capable inculcate love of books in Children to make them lifelong learners.
- Read Pakistan Book Club: World’s unique and the widespread book club currently conducted in 63 universities on monthly basis in Pakistan, Canada and KSA.