Penknights Writers Club is a vigorous and gainful initiative by Read Pakistan. Penknights shoulders, instigates and enriches amateur, aspiring and energetic writers. We help the baby buds and blossoms of your flair flourish to full fragrant flowers and flavory fruits.
Our mission is to vigorously promote and facilitate a dynamic literary voice, embellishing the skills of writers, and contributing to the creative culture through short story and blog writing competitions.
Penknights Writers Club provides opportunities for students to enter writing competitions and get their works published on our website. PWC welcomes and embraces everyone who loves to write.
Rules for Penknights Writing Competitions:
- All university and college students from all over the world.
- We welcome all aspiring passionate writers. You need not to be identified gifted.
- All entries must be in English or Urdu.
- All entries must be the work of a single entrant.
- All entries must be submitted on or before the 10th of each month.
- All entries will be submitted digitally through email. (email@example.com)
- Entries must exceed 10,000 characters, including spaces.
- All submissions must fall within the categories of short story fiction or blog.
- Only original works that have not been published in print, digital or online publications will be considered.
- PWC reserves the option to establish a panel to pre-screen the entries.
- In case of multiple versions of a submission, the most recent version before the submission deadline will be considered final.
- Entrants will be asked to grant permission to publish their works online on Read Pakistan website.
- Entries can be withdrawn within 3 days of submission by contacting the given email address.
- Submission means acceptance of the rules.
- The organizers reserve the right to amend the rules at any stage.
- Dialogue: All fragments of dialogues must be inserted in quotation marks.
- Italics: Titles of works, narrator’s thoughts, emphasis on words, and words in a foreign language should be italicized.
- Line breaks: Insert a single blank line between paragraphs for ease of reading.
- Titles: Write titles in uppercase.
- Indentations: Indent the first line of a paragraph.
- Punctuation: Please maintain proper punctuation.
- File Format: The file format of all the entries must be a text document (not pdf).
- Page Format: All entries must be formatted to 8-1/2 x 11 or A4 paper.
- Fonts: Use Times New Roman (12 pt.) for your document.
- Each entrant may only submit one to three entries.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: originality, characterization, plot, language and overall artistic impression.
- A panel of experts will choose the overall winners.
- Judgments and decisions of the Penknights Editorial Team as to submission eligibility and disqualification are at their complete discretion and are final.
- Submissions exceeding the word limits will be disqualified.
- submissions must not contain any obscenity, vulgarity, offense, or gratuitous violence, profanity or explicit adult situations.
- Submissions must not contain derogatory, blasphemous, racist, or sexist language or situations.
- Each work must be the original work of the entrant. Plagiarized works will be disqualified.
- Submissions must not violate or infringe the rights of any other person or company (including but not limited to privacy rights, copyrights, trade secrets, confidential information, trademarks, or trade names).
- Submissions must not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity.
- Short story writers have the liberty to choose any theme of their choice within the limits of rules.
- Blog writers are strictly bound to only write on the following themes:
- Book Industry
- Book Reviews
- Educational Technology
- Reading and Writing